After skimming through the Teach Yourself Visually WordPress book on my lunch break today, I learned how to finally break up my posts a bit. Longer ones will now feature the “continue reading” link with the little arrow, so please continue reading the post. I like this a lot, as my posts can get quite lengthy sometimes and I had seen it on other blogs, but had no clue how to do it on my own.
For those of you wondering how to do the same thing on your blog, just follow this really simple set of steps.
- Click the location in your post where you want split it.
- Insert the more tag button. It is to the left of the spell check button on my tool bar. It has two small white boxes and a dotted line in between them.
- The more marker should appear
- Save the draft or publish it
- Then either of these should show up on your blog–“click read rest of this entry” or “continue reading.” Mine didn’t appear right away but when I refreshed my blog post, there it was, much to my nerdy blogger excitement.
Hope these really simple tips help! I am excited to use this new tool.