When you have an injury of any kind, icing can be paradise if you have the right ice pack (a bag of frozen veggies or fruit is the opposite of this, by the way, as that is all I have used in the last couple of weeks).
Ever since I sprained my ankle at work three weeks ago, pain keeps cropping up and I need ice to help subside the pain and inflammation.
Thanks to the nice people at Paradice, I tried out their awesome ice packs over the last couple of days. They sent me one for my ankle/foot (model #p150) and knee (model #p300). According to their website, they have packs for every area of your body and even different sizes for children and adults.
I iced my ankle after yoga on Thursday night. It was so nice to use an ice pack that wrapped around my whole ankle.
I tried out the knee pack this morning after yoga. Like the ankle pack, you slide your leg through it and it wraps around your knee. I could even walk with this on my leg, where you could never do that with another ice pack.
- Unique design which is perfect for icing all areas of your foot and knee.
- The material is silky and high quality. The packaging says they are made of 80% nylon and 20% spandex.
- There are “fluid filled balls” in the packs that freeze up and can be moved around, which is nice because you can move them close to the center of your injury.
- The packs stay in place. When I have used frozen veggies or fruit in the past, I had to keep moving the pack against my sock or paper towel.
- You don’t have to use a barrier between your skin and the pack. Like Paradice’s website says, even with gel packs, this is necessary. I have considered purchasing gel packs in the past, but always hated the thought of using something in between my skin and the pack.
- You could use the pack anywhere, even the ones designed for my knee and ankle could be used on other areas of the body.
- The pack doesn’t sweat, thus does not get wet.
Here are the directions from Paradice’s website:
How to use your Paradice Pack
- PLACE you Paradice™ Ice Pack in freezer for a minimum of two hours before use.
- APPLY directly to injury to speed relief and promote healing.
- ALLOW Paradice™ to conform to body for 25-35 minutes.
- AFTER TREATMENT remove and place back in the freezer for future use.
I could not find anything negative about the packs. They exceeded my expectations.
Thank you for letting me try these out Paradice! They will be used often by this clutsy, injury prone athlete!